Extraction of the intra-gastric balloon
The extraction of the balloon is generally indicated due to:
- Reaching the end of the recommended insertion period (6 months). Studies conducted on ENDBALL intra-gastric balloon support its safety and effectiveness just for a period of 6 months.
- The occurrence of a complication: gastric perforation, gastric ulcer or erosion, intestinal obstruction, deflation and migration of the balloon
- Intolerance to the balloon particularly due to vomiting or persistent abdominal pain
- Incorrect positioning of the balloon in the stomach (balloon blocked, not free in the gastric antrum)
- Unusual appearance of the balloon (bag slack, balloon shrunk, etc.).