Extraction of the balloon
The extraction is a technically difficult procedure which must be performed:
- Under general anesthesia with tracheal intubation
- Under endoscopic control using the kits supplied by the manufacturers as first intention
- In the endoscopy room with equipment for monitoring vital functions and a respirator
- By professionals having received specific training in a referral center already practicing these procedures.
- An endoscopic examination to check there is no gastric or esophageal lesion is necessary.
- The patient is seen about the 15th day by a member of the multidisciplinary team. After that the follow-up must be multidisciplinary according to the methods defined in the recommendations for the treatment of the obese adult.
- Refer to the User’s Manual attached to this leaflet